· Taking medication which is a diuretic
· Diabetes - when more sugar occurs within urine, it stimulates the production of extra urine.
· Overactive bladder
· Chronic Urinary Retention - Causes frequent and small volumes of urine to be passed during the day and at night.
· The body produces a large volume of urine (nocturnal polyuria)
· Neurological - The bladder is controlled by the brain and as a result neurological conditions will affect how the bladder works. This can occur in multiple sclerosis, spinal cord syndrome and cervical cord compression.
How can Nocturia be treated?
Category: General Health